Finally a lightweight option for speed sets and spur gears. This 56 tooth spur gear is for use with standard 18 tooth pinions such as the Robinson 18 tooth and the Turtle Racing system with the 18 tooth pinion. Our gears are made with proper tooth profiles so the total number of teeth will always be 74. For example: 17/57, 18/56, 19/55 and so on. These are not for use with the HPI 18 as they are a deviated tooth profile designed for use with the stock size 57 tooth spur. These gears are made from a tough and durable material that resists wear and allows for a significant reduction in rotating mass allowing for quicker acceleration and more power being delivered to the rear wheels.
Hostile spurs offer:
1. Harder material for longer life and less wear.
2. Higher strength material to reduce gear failure
3. Handles higher temperatures
4. Lightweight and economical alternative to steel
5. Available in several sizes for a variety of gearing options
6. Made in the USA